The MCOR 30 system is an 8-channel precision magnet driver, capable of providing bi-polar output currents in the range from -30A to +30A. The output current can be adjusted smoothly through zero. A single, unregulated bulk power supply provides the main DC power for the entire crate. The MCOR system employs a modular architecture, so that any individual channel is serviceable without disturbing the operation of adjacent channels in the same crate. BiRa Systems MCOR 30 Amp Module
The 2510R30 occupies two slots in a 17-slot, 6U by 220 mm, Eurocard crate. The module and its mezzanine card connect to the crate backplane via two standard 48 – pin connectors About half of the output current is carried by the Mezzanine Card connector. A blinking front-panel Red LED indicates a fault trip. A Green front-panel LED indicates the presence of Bulk Power. A16-pin Front-Panel Test connector provides quick access to important major node points.
The 2510R30 occupies two slots in a 16 channel, 6U crate. Each module provides stable output current with power efficiency at 80% (@ 20amps) and a very reliable mean time before failure of 800,000 hours.
All units are fully assembled and tested in the USA.
- Proven member of a modular Power Module family, more than 800 units are in service
- Precision-regulated Bi-Polar output provides up to +30 to -30 Amps for Magnet loads.
- Smooth operation through zero amps output current, no “Crossover” problems.
- All 2510R30 MCOR30 Power Modules are identical and interchangeable, and can be used in any application within its ratings. When a module is replaced, the Programming Card is plugged into the replacement module.
- Each channel has a critically-damped, LC noise filter with a cut-off frequency of about 8 kHz.
- A 16-pin front panel diagnostics connector taps onto major circuit nodes which enables quick “inthe-crate” fault evaluation
• Particle accelerator beams
• Industrial Robotics
• Motor control
• Medical equipment
BiRa Systems MCOR 30 Amp Module