|Z| ProbeWedge Overview
With a high degree of application flexibility, HF ProbeWedges™, use both RF contacts and DC needles. The variety of available configurations of the HF ProbeWedge ensures that your application requirements are met every time.
Mounted on a PCB board, the renowned |Z| Probe® can be combined with up to four DC probes on each side, or the Dual |Z| Probe can be used with a maximum of two DC probes on each side. A pure DC version is available as the DC ProbeWedge and can have up to 20 contacts, although more are available upon request. The DC blades are available as metal, ceramic or micro strip for Kelvin applications. Additionally, diagonal wedges are available to enable easy positioning. We can also customize the design of the PCB board on the ProbeWedge to integrate any required elements.
A unique plug and play concept for the DC cables and connectors no longer requires any soldering of the cables to the ProbeWedge. They are simply plugged into the carrier and held firmly in place. This saves you time and costs since all cables can be reused.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- The ProbeWedge family is compatible with your existing Cascade Microtech’s probing systems
- Plug and play design provides easy handling and strain relief
- Ideal probe solution for wafer-level reliability, multi-site tests and DC biasing
- Cost effectiveness
- Alternative to inflexible probe cards, ideal for changing demands in R&D
- All cables can be re-used and additional single cables can be ordered
- Probe blades can be repaired individually
- Kelvin ProbeWedge is ideal for low-resistance measurements
- Fully-guarded microstrip blades for low-current measurements down to fA range