XJAnalyser is a powerful tool for real time circuit visualisation and debugging. It provides a graphical view of JTAG chains, giving you complete control, on a pin-by-pin basis, of both pin state (either driven as an output or tristated as an input) and pin value (either high or low when driven), and it has the facility to run SVF and STAPL / JAM files.
- Allows you to increase yields — by setting pin values and tracing signals you can quickly debug your boards, even under BGAs.
- You can reduce time to market by shortening the window from prototype to manufacture.
- Save your budget by removing the need to have multiple download tools for programming devices.
- Able to test BGAs and fine-pitch devices
- Only BSDL files required to get the board up and running
- Set up pin states – e.g. low, high, toggling
- Trace shorts, opens and other signals
- Easy low-level access to device pins/busses
- Clear display of the pins/balls with variable zoom levels and split screen
- Quickly find and monitor changing pins
- Program devices with SVF and STAPL files
- Plug and play
- Real-time interaction
When the machine running XJAnalyser is connected to a circuit, it automatically investigates the JTAG chain and identifies the correct BSDL files from its library, ready to run tests.
Control and monitor the pins on JTAG devices
Pin values can be set high or low, or into slow or fast toggle in real time, all at a click of the mouse. The values are then displayed by colour-coding the pins. Pins can also be colour-coded by various properties, such as input/output.
Monitor the values and properties of all the pins on your JTAG-enabled devices, even BGAs, in real time.
XJAnalyser can run SVF and STAPL / JAM files that apply to any sequence of devices on a board. Any headers and trailers are set up automatically.
Golden board comparison
XJAnalyser can capture the values being driven onto the JTAG devices of a known good working board. These values can then be used to identify differences between boards exhibiting unexpected behaviour and a known good board.
JTAG Chain Debugging
XJAnalyser can be used to help with debugging of the JTAG chain, by giving feedback on the number of devices it can detect and the ID codes of those devices. See here for more information.
You can select pins and place them in a watch window to separate their changes from all of the pins around them on a device.
The Pin Watch can also be used to build a bus from a number of pins; you can then write a value to the bus to set all of those pins at once.
Zoom In / Split Screen
XJAnalyser gives you the flexibility to see the circuit as a whole or close up, with user-definable zoom levels. You can also split the screen and view different parts of the circuit at different magnifications.
Run chains / Single Step
XJAnalyser can either perform continuous write-read JTAG cycles, giving instant feedback on signal changes, or it can iterate single cycles under user control, allowing manual changes between each cycle.
Alter Device Geometry
If the device geometry is incorrectly specified, or not specified, in the BSDL file, you can change the number of pins on each side to reflect the actual geometry of the device. There is also an option to rotate devices.
There are no reviews yet!