The MCOR 12 system is a 16-channel precision magnet driver, capable of providing bi-polar output currents in the range from -12A to +12A. The output current can be adjusted smoothly through zero. A single, unregulated bulk power supply provides the main DC power for the entire crate. The MCOR system employs a modular architecture, so that any individual channel is serviceable without disturbing the operation of adjacent channels in the same crate. BiRa Systems MCOR 12 AMP Modules
In order to provide “custom-tailored” service to each corrector magnet, yet retain a high degree of modularity and consistency in the driver design, each MCOR 12 power module accommodates a small programming (PGM) card. This card contains a set of passive components that match several important characteristics of power module to its corrector magnet. In addition each PGM card can be configured to allow a 2 amp, 6 amp, or 12 amp output.
All units are fully assembled and tested in the USA.
- Proven member of a modular Power Module family, more than 800 units are in service
- Precision-regulated Bi-Polar output provides up to +12 to -12 Amps for Magnet loads.
- Smooth operation through zero amps output current, no “Crossover” problems.
- All 2510 MCOR12 Power Modules are identical and interchangeable, and can be used in any application within its ratings. When a module is replaced, the Programming Card is plugged into the replacement module.
- Has two high-precision measurements of output current; one is used to close the regulation control loop, the other provides an independent monitoring signal to the Crate Interface Card.
- Fault sensing circuitry in the module sets a Fault Latch which inhibits the output.
- A (momentary) Sync input signal inhibits MOSFET switching when it is active (high); this eliminate switching noise “feed-through “ from the Bulk Power Supply to the AC power lines. This feature reduces power line noise during sensitive analog signal measurements.
• Particle accelerator beams
• Industrial Robotics
• Motor control
• Medical equipment