High-Resolution TDR with Frequency-Domain Analysis!
CT100B Features/Improvements MOHR CT100B Series TDR Cable Analyzers
- New multicore CPU up to 300 times faster than the CT100 MOHR CT100B Series TDR Cable Analyzers
- 16 times more RAM memory than the CT100
- Subpixel sampling –> every cable fault is visible at every scale
- Arbitrary length waveforms up to 1.5 million points
- Calibrated S-parameter measurements
- Real-time frequency domain measurements
- Return loss (S11)
- Cable loss / insertion loss (S21)
- S11 Between Cursors time-windows the feature of interest
- Smith charts to simplify complex impedance matching problems
- Normalized TDR traces with adjustable rise time
- Optimized menu system to simply common tasks such as connecting to CT Viewer and scanning cables. MOHR CT100B Series TDR Cable Analyzers
- New on-screen help library.
- Tests all types of cable and connectors
- Coaxial cable
- Twisted-pair cable
- Multiconductor cable (e.g. MIL-STD-1553B, MIL-STD-38999)
- Detects subtle partial faults, opens, shorts, kinks, taps, shield damage, thermal damage, sunlight/UV damage, water ingress, loosened or corroded interconnects, poor-quality cables and connectors.
- Aging Aircraft
- CATV, Power, Telephony
- Naval / Marine
- Wireless Infrastructure
- PCB Characterization
- Soil Moisture, Geophysics
Other Great TDR Features
- Two independent cursors simplify differential impedance, return loss, and distance-to-fault measurements.
- Layer-Peeling reduces TDR waveform impedance errors caused by multiple reflections.
- ZTrace nonlinear transform displays impedance waveform in Ohms.
- Intermittent Fault Detection displays probability density or min/max envelope with impedance-at-cursor.
- Enhanced Calibration provides the industry’s best impedance accuracy.
- AutoFit™ button fits any cable to the screen automatically.
- Configuration library makes repeat measurements as easy as a press of a button.
- Save thousands of TDR traces that you can later zoom in/out on, and compare or subtract from live or previously saved traces.
- Live LAN/WAN/Internet streaming and remote control of any CT100 Series TDR. Leverage real-time engineering oversight from thousands of miles away.
- Download your TDR data to a PC and review it later with the included CT Viewer™ 2 software.
Ergonomics and Ease of Use
- Bright 4.3″ color TFT-LCD display is easy to read in any environment.
- Intuitive multifunction key panels simplify TDR use.
- Lightweight and portable, operates for a full shift without recharging; use is unlimited with external battery packs.
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet connectivity.
- USB peripherals include mouse, keyboard, flash drive, barcode reader.
General TDR Options
- CT100B-BNC, self-grounding BNC test port
- Electrically-rugged, multipurpose metallic TDR designed for high-resolution testing of a wide range of coaxial and twisted-pair cable types and lengths — in the field, on the manufacturing floor, or in the lab. Exceeds all Tektronix® 1502C TDR specifications.
- CT100B-SMA, stainless-steel SMA test port
- CT100 TDR configured with SMA test port assembly. Represents a balance of performance and electrical overstress protection for field applications where SMA test port is desired.
- CT100HF, stainless-steel SMA test port
- Higher-bandwidth version of the CT100B-SMA featuring the fastest TDR system risetime, ideal for testing high-frequency cables and interconnects.
Standard Accessories (included with instrument)
- CT Viewer™ 2 TDR Waveform Analysis Software Package
- CT100B Operator’s Manual
- CT Viewer™ 2 User Guide
- Rugged Soft-Sided Carrying Case
- Plenty of room for calibration accessories, manuals, and optional small form-factor keyboard.
- Calibration Pack
- Precision coaxial test cable and BNC/SMA adapters necessary for verifying TDR instrument calibration and performance.
- NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Standard 12-Month Limited Warranty
- Small Form-Factor Keyboard
- This popular, recommended accessory simplifies data entry and fits in the instrument’s carrying case.
- Hard Carrying Case
- Give your instrument the utmost environmental protection with this customized Pelican™ case. Replaces the standard soft-sided carrying case.
- BNC RF Adapter Kit
- Precision BNC RF adapters offer direct high-bandwidth coupling for testing most coaxial cables and interconnects: BNC-BNC, N-N, SMA-SMA, BNC-N, SMA-BNC, SMA-N, and SMA-TNC. Comes in a rugged plastic case. Ideal for use with the CT100.
- SMA RF Adapter Kit
- Precision SMA RF adapters offer direct high-bandwidth coupling for testing most coaxial cables and interconnects: SMA-SMA, SMA-BNC, SMA-N, and SMA-TNC. Comes in a rugged plastic case. Ideal for use with the CT100HF.
- NEW! MIL-STD-1553B Data Bus TRB Adapter Kit
- High-bandwidth controlled-impedance adapter kit for testing TRB(triaxial BNC)-terminated cables including aerospace MIL-STD-1553B twinax cables. Comes in a military-grade environmentally-resistant plastic case. Ideal for use with the CT100 for troubleshooting and maintenance of aging aircraft cable harnesses.
- Impedance Matching Adapter Kit
- Useful for specialized applications requiring precision impedance matching to the cable / device-under-test (DUT).
- Adapter 50 Ω to 75 Ω CT100-AC-I5075
- Adapter 50 Ω to 93 Ω CT100-AC-I5093
- Adapter 50 Ω to 125 Ω CT100-AC-I50125
- External Battery Pack (2700 mAh)
- Coming soon. Indefinitely extend the battery life of your instrument with hot-swappable NiMH battery packs. Rugged clamshell construction securely fastens to the top of the instrument.
MOHR CT100B vs. Tektronix® 1502C
|Risetime, ps* (20-80%)||100 (CT100)
(into 50Ω load)
|300 mV||300 mV|
|Sequential sampling rate||2 – 250 kHz||12.5 kHz|
|Sampling resolution||16 bits||12 bits|
|TDR frame rate||500 fps||25 fps|
|Horizontal scale||0.003 – 200 ft/div
(0.001 – 50 m/div)
|0.1 – 200 ft/div
(0.03 – 50 m/div)
|Horizontal range||0 – 30,000 ft
(0 – 9 km)†
|0 – 2000 ft
(0 – 0.6 km)
|Horizontal resolution||0.003 in (0.075 mm)||0.05 in (1.2 mm)|
|Vertical scale||0.5 – 500 mρ/div||0.5 – 500 mρ/div|
|Battery life||> 6h‡||> 5h|
|Battery recharge||< 3h‡||< 20 h|
|I/O options||USB host/client
optional RS-232, Ethernet
|Data storage||Thousands of traces||Temporarily store single trace|
|Network integration||10/100 Mb Ethernet||None|
|Display||4.3″ 480×272 backlit color TFT-LCD||4.7″ 256×130 backlit mono LCD|
|TDR trace display||Unlimited||2 traces|
|TDR digital filtering||smooth, subtract, derivatives, FFT, S-paramters, many others||smooth|
|Unit Weight||4.7 lb (2.2 kg)||23 lb (10 kg)|
* Typical system risetimes as measured at the reflected rise.
† Testable cable length may be limited by cable signal attenuation characteristics. Typical twisted-pair and coaxial cables are evaluable to at least 10,000 ft (3.0 km).
‡ The CT100 can operate for an unlimited period with optional hot-swappable external rechargeable battery packs.
4.3(H) x 11.5(W) x 6.9(L) in.
(10.9 x 29.2 x 17.5 cm)
5.1 lbs. (2.3 kg), with cover
4.7 lbs. (2.2 kg), without cover
Operating Temperature: -10°C to +55°C (typ. -10°C to +60°C)
Non-operating Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
Complies with all applicable EU directives, as specified by the Declaration of Conformity supplied with the instrument.
Complies with Canadian ICES-003.
EMC: MIL-PRF-28800F. MIL-STD-461F RE102, CE102. IEC 61000
Shock/Vibration: MIL-PRF-28800F (Class 3)
Temperature/Humidity: MIL-PRF-28800F (Class 3)
Explosive Atm.: MIL-STD-810G 511.5 Procedure 1 (+55°C, 0-4600 m)
MOHR CT100B TDR Cable Analyzers provide state‐of‐the‐art TDR measurements in a rugged portable package. These instruments are ideal for precision testing of all types of coaxial, twisted‐pair, and multiconductor cables in the field or the lab. MOHR CT100B Series TDR Cable Analyzers
Features and Benefits Industry’s Best Cable Fault Sensitivity
● Detect subtle cable and connector faults with industry‐leading 16‐bit vertical sampling resolution.
● Resolve faults and interconnect and PCB features located less than 1 cm apart.
● Measure cable length and localize faults with 75 micron (0.003 in.) precision.
Industry’s Only Portable TDR with S‐Parameters
● Measure 1‐port S‐parameters and estimate frequencyspecific return loss (S11) and cable loss (S21).*
● Measure return loss between cursors to de‐embed features of interest (e.g. connector or cable fault).
● Visualize results using real‐time frequency‐domain plots, Smith charts, and normalized TDR traces with adjustable rise time.
High‐Resolution Cable Waveforms and Scanning
● View or scan a cable at high resolution with cable records of up to 1.5 million points.
● Compare to other traces, either on the device itself or using the CT Viewer™ software package