Applications CT100 Series High -Resolution
- Test all common coaxial and twisted-pair cable types, and many other types of cable and wire.
- Detect and precisely locate opens, shorts, kinks, taps, shield damage, thermal damage, sunlight/UV damage, water ingress, loosened or corroded interconnects, poor-quality cables and connectors, and anything else that affects system performance.
- CATV, Power, Telephony
- Naval / Marine
- Aerospace / Aviation
- Wireless Infrastructure
- PCB Characterization
- TDR Sensor Applications (Soil Moisture, Geophysics)
- Remote monitoring applications
TDR Specifications CT100 Series High-Resolution
- Step-rise, as low as 60 ps risetime (20-80%, CT100HF)
- Test frequencies extend to > 8.3 GHz (CT100HF)
- 500 Hz framerate to capture transient faults.
- 75 µm (0.003 in) horizontal cursor resolution (VoP 0.66)
- 16-bit sampling for precision impedance measurements
Key features — see CT100 Series Features
- NEW! — Layer-Peeling dynamic deconvolution transform helps correct for impedance errors caused by multiple reflections.
- NEW! — ZTrace nonlinear transform displays impedance waveform in Ohms.
- NEW! — Intermittent Fault Detection displays probability density or min/max envelope with impedance-at-cursor.
- NEW! — Enhanced Calibration provides the industry’s best impedance accuracy.
- Now in beta status! — FFT Math Package for estimating frequency-specific return loss/VSWR, insertion loss, cable loss, S11/S22 S-parameters.
- Live LAN/WAN/Internet streaming and remote controlof any CT100 Series TDR. Leverage real-time engineering oversight from thousands of miles away.
- AutoFit™ button fits any cable to the screen automatically.
- Two independent cursors simplify differential impedance, return loss, and distance-to-fault measurements.
- Save thousands of TDR traces that you can later zoom in/out on, and compare or subtract from live or previously saved traces.
- Configuration library makes repeat measurements as easy as a press of a button.
- Download your TDR data to a PC and review it later with the included CT Viewer™ software.
Designed to be easy to use, as well as accurate
- Bright 4.3″ color TFT-LCD display is easy to read in any environment.
- Intuitive multifunction key panels simplify TDR use.
- Lightweight and portable, operates for a full shift without recharging; use is unlimited with external battery packs.
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet connectivity.
- USB peripherals include mouse, keyboard, flash drive, barcode reader.
General TDR Options
- CT100, self-grounding BNC test port
- Electrically-rugged, multipurpose metallic TDR designed for high-resolution testing of a wide range of coaxial and twisted-pair cable types and lengths — in the field, on the manufacturing floor, or in the lab. Exceeds all Tektronix® 1502C TDR specifications.
- CT100S, stainless-steel SMA test port
- CT100 TDR configured with SMA test port assembly. Represents a balance of performance and electrical overstress protection for field applications where SMA test port is desired.
- CT100HF, stainless-steel SMA test port
- Higher-bandwidth version of the CT100S featuring the fastest TDR system risetime, ideal for testing high-frequency cables and interconnects with resolution and precision previously restricted to unwieldly bench-top TDR instruments.
Standard Accessories (included with instrument)
- CT Viewer™ TDR Waveform Analysis Software Package
- CT100/CT100HF Operator’s Manual
- CT Viewer™ User Guide
- Rugged Soft-Sided Carrying Case
- Plenty of room for calibration accessories, manuals, and optional small form-factor keyboard.
- Calibration Pack
- Precision coaxial test cable and BNC/SMA adapters necessary for verifying TDR instrument calibration and performance.
- NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Standard 12-Month Limited Warranty
- Small Form-Factor Keyboard
- This popular, recommended accessory simplifies data entry and fits in the instrument’s carrying case.
- Hard Carrying Case
- Give your instrument the utmost environmental protection with this customized Pelican™ case. Replaces the standard soft-sided carrying case.
- BNC RF Adapter Kit
- Precision BNC RF adapters offer direct high-bandwidth coupling for testing most coaxial cables and interconnects: BNC-BNC, N-N, SMA-SMA, BNC-N, SMA-BNC, SMA-N, and SMA-TNC. Comes in a rugged plastic case. Ideal for use with the CT100.
- SMA RF Adapter Kit
- Precision SMA RF adapters offer direct high-bandwidth coupling for testing most coaxial cables and interconnects: SMA-SMA, SMA-BNC, SMA-N, and SMA-TNC. Comes in a rugged plastic case. Ideal for use with the CT100HF.
- Impedance Matching Adapter Kit
- Not necessary for routine testing of non-50 Ω coaxial cable, but useful for specialized applications requiring precision impedance matching to the cable / device-under-test (DUT).
- Adapter 50 Ω to 75 Ω CT100-AC-I5075
- Adapter 50 Ω to 93 Ω CT100-AC-I5093
- Adapter 50 Ω to 125 Ω CT100-AC-I50125
- External Battery Pack (2700 mAh)
- Coming soon. Indefinitely extend the battery life of your instrument with hot-swappable NiMH battery packs. Rugged clamshell construction securely fastens to the top of the instrument.