The Genesys™ family of programmable AC/DC power supplies sets a new standard for flexible, reliable, power systems in OEM, Industrial and Laboratory applications. Now available in more power levels (750W, 1.5kW, 2.4kW, 3.3kW, 5kW, 10kW and 15kW) and with output voltages from 6 to 600V and current up to 1,000A. Active PFC, Standard RS-232/RS-485 and world-wide inputs head a long list of standard features.
This member of the Genesys™ product family of programmable switching power supplies provides high power density, low ripple and a complete set of user-friendly interfaces. In addition to high power density, a universal input is provided in this half-rack package. The wide range input is not just dual range, but continuously variable from 85-265VAC, single phase, 50/60Hz. It also features Active Power Factor Correction of 0.99 at full load, a first in this size and density. This assures operation in difficult AC environments and meets European EMC requirements.
A user-friendly front panel provides reliable control through encoders selectable for fine or course adjustment (~6 or 30 turns) and four digit LED Voltage and Current meters. Adjustable OVP, UVL and Current Foldback provide further flexibility. Their set values may be previewed on the front panel display, even with Output Off. The Foldback may be set to latch output off if desired for safety.
All Genesys™ platforms include several other important features. Up to four like units may be connected in parallel and user configured for the Master to Program and Monitor the total current of the group. Thus, four units can appear as a single 3kW to 60kW power supply, increasing flexibility for system designers.
Significant safety features include Safe Re-Start and Last Setting Memory. With Safe Re-Start, the user can select whether the Genesys™ power supply returns to previous settings after power off, or returns to zero (safe) output, waiting for user instructions. Last Setting Memory retains settings of output voltage and current, remote or local mode, OVP and UVL, Foldback, Baud Rate and Start-Up Mode, without battery. Front Panel controls also include Output On/Off and Local/Remote Digital selection. The Front Panel may be locked locally or by software command.
All Genesys™ products includes standard, embedded 16 bit RS-232/RS-485 digital interface. Through this digital interface up to 31 power supplies may be controlled in daisy chain over the RS-485 line. Analog remote programming is user selectable 0-5V or 0-10V via DIP switches on the rear panel. The design of Genesys™ power supplies is highly modular. SMT technology provides high reliability.
Among standard digital features, Multi-Drop allows an IEEE or LAN Master to control standard Slaves over RS-485, avoiding the cost of a GPIB or LAN board in every slave power supply. Up to 31 may be addressed over the RS-485 lines of Master and Slaves.
– Digital and isolated analog interfaces are optional, factory installed, one per power supply.
– Optional GPIB digital interface, IEMD, is IEEE488.2 & SCPI compliant. Labview Drivers are available.
– The LXI Certified LAN Interface option for the Genesys™ family has been improved adding TCP and UDP Sockets, Socket – Terminator flexibility and provision for multiple controllers. Network Security Settings have improved control features. Input Buffer size has also been increased. Standard features include Fast Start-up, Fixed and Dynamic Addressing and LAN Fault Detectors. A LAN equipped Master can also communicate with standard Slaves over RS-485. The interface is compatible with most standard Networks.
– Isolated analog programming options include either 0-5V & 0-10V or 4-20ma control.
– All models are CE Marked and offer five (5) year Warranty.
There are no reviews yet!