- Versatile synthesized 3-phase grid simulator with four fully controlled active outputs.
- Built-in full 4-quadrant 1 to 3-phase power amplifier with three independent and galvanic isolated amplifier inputs.
- Programmable RLC-load mode (electronic AC load with grid recuperation) to substitute for real and bulky resistors, inductors and capacitors.
The multi-level inverter technology opens up a wide base frequency range from DC up to 1000Hz—and an exceptionally high modulation bandwidth of 5 kHz. This allows for the exact reproduction of harmonic distortion up to the 100th harmonic @ 50 Hz or the 83th harmonic @ 60Hz. The system can be easily adapted to tasks in R+D, the laboratory, end-of-line testing and education.
With the application software ACSControl, the user can program:
- Variation of basic system voltages and frequency
- Settings of phase relationship
- Voltage drops in the whole network or individual drops per phase
- Micro ruptures and flickers
- Over- and under voltages
- Voltage asymmetries
- Superimposed harmonic and interharmonic voltage waveforms
- Variation of phase angles
- Special conditions for EMC testing
- Transition from feeding to recuperation operation and vice versa
- Analyses of energy flow
The modular structure based on 30 kVA or 50 kVA units allows for a flexible adaptation to the customer’s power requirements. Systems of up to 1000kVA can be set up by simply connecting basic units in a parallel mode. The hardware operates in all four quadrants and can fully refed into the power system. The system also enables testing power feedback units and operation of linear and nonlinear feeding systems for measuring and evaluation purposes. Operation in single phase mode is also possible down to DC mode.
User Software ACSControl
The tailor-made software tool ACSControl allows the operator either to:
- Manually operate the system, or;
- Program and run automated test sequences and to use the functionality of data acquisition of the system.
- Compact and completely modular design
- High effectivity in all operation modes
- Can use an existing liquid cooling system directly
- Optional matched liquid-to-air cooling unit TC.LAE available
- Possibility of upgrading to systems of up to 1 MVA
- High level of system dynamics, ≤ 5 kHz modulation bandwidth
- Non-restrictive capability of refeeding in the Q4 operation mode
- Possibility of operating as an autonomous 4-Q and 3-phase quasi-analogue amplifier
- Possibility of “Hardware-in-the loop”-operation (HIL mode)
- User friendly application software with pre-configured test patterns
- Possibility of integrating into a complete SAS simulation and test system
- Galvanic isolation available as an option without derating the simulator port data
- Three different operation modes:
a) Programmable Grid Simulator
b) Remote operated 4Q AC voltage amplifier
c) Electronic AC-load featuring programmable RLC load impedance
TC.ACS Grid Simulators made by Regatron AG can, for example, be operated as a self-contained system for comprehensive testing of solar and additive energy inverters. In the field of power test and development labs the high degree of programmability allows all imaginable grid situations and evaluation procedures to be established.
TC.ACS is the ideal tool for all R&D and simulation work.